Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chameleon Project

Before my long trip, I had started the Chameleon Project.  I made the mistake of going to a pet store instead of the feed store to buy dog food.  Right up front, where you couldn't miss it if you tried, was a big glass aquarium with the most beautiful Chameleons in it.  I fell in love - with a reptile. I got a clerk and started asking questions and the answers were in the line of, "Oh you need an aquarium, probably 30 or 40 gallons, it should be a vertical one as they (notice the they, you really shouldn't have just one, it might get lonely)like to climb upward, oh and you need heaters, one at the top and one at the bottom. Lots of live plants and fresh crickets of course." By this time a figure I'm up to about $1500. so I decide to take a picture and weave a piece of cloth to remind me how beautiful they are.

That decided, I started my process. At our next conference, I was in Giovanna's booth and found a beautiful hand-spun Italian silk singles called Tulipano, (100gr 1700y) brought it home, gave it to RedFish along with the picture with instructions and had it dyed. I then started dressing the loom, joined P2P2, went on a 6 week selling trip, came home to work on P2P2 and remembered the Chameleon Project.  This picture doesn't do it justice, I will post another when it's taut.
Whew! That was very long winded.  I almost finished dressing the loom today and should be weaving by tomorrow morning if I can sneak away from chores at RedFish.

No comments: