Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Taquete Kimono


Things are moving along. I have the AVL warping wheel clicking off warp threads but can only work for short periods as the studio is not heated and it's very cold.  It has been raining for several days, the temperature is dropping, so we have snow on the mountains all the way around us. I hope it stays there and not in my yard.

The warp on my loom is for the Katazome Kimono. I am putting it on hold for awhile and putting the new warp over the top of it.











I love this stand that my husband made for me.  It's stainless steel and has a wide base so it won't tip over, but the arms are close to the ground so I don't trip over them. I can also put more than one swift on it at a time.  I love great tools!


My pile of silk for the project. Eighteen skeins of 60/2 silk, hand-dyed by RedFish DyeWorks, my other business venture.  I have about a quarter of this pile on the loom. I'm happy to be warping again.

No comments: