Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Very busy or maybe just lazy.

We have been very busy even though we only have 1 show a month through October.  I have missed posting about The Arizona Federated Weavers. This year it was in Phoenix and it was a fabulous Conference. Another benefit; we left home it was in the 40's, got to Phoenix 8 hours later and it was in the  80's (110 in the desert), the down side was back home to 40 plus rain.  If you live in the Southern California Desert it should be hot, period, they neglected to advise me about altitude.

We are preparing for CNCH in Oakland, CA, another weaving conference and Convergence in Long Beach CA, both of these shows are very large. Between these 2 shows we get to hop up to Missoula, MT for the Montana Association of Weavers Conference.

Other things happening, I am still knitting on my sweater - a little over a year now - this hobby is really slow but I'm told I'm doing well for a first time sweater. An addition coming right up to my tool chest, a knitting machine. I don't need instant gratification, I am a weaver after all but to work over a year to get a sweater is stretching it. I could knit in the booth but on this learning project I'm no using our yarn and that would be a no-no.
Project number 2, I'm crocheting some Granny Squares in our 20/2 silk, they are really beautiful.
I am also taking a embroidery class with Sharon Boggon in Australia with bunches of other people around the world, so I will be posting pictures of that also.  I love these around the world get togethers, my first one was the P2P2 project.

So I will try to be more diligent in my posting.  Right now I think I will go down around the mountain and see what is happening in downtown Acton. I just got 5 emails saying the west part of town is on fire. Another California season, although it's normally later in the year.

No comments: