Friday, July 2, 2010

Embroidery

I have always embroidered. It is very relaxing to hear the sound of the thread pulling through the cloth and watch the little lines getting longer. Embroidery is my spare time hobby. Last year at Fiber Fiesta, I finished a project and didn't bring another so I looked around the booths and found "Bird Brain Designs" www.BirdBrainDesigns.net. What a hoot. I have been working on this for almost a year, the embroidery is finished and I decided to make a pillow out of it.



The frame and back of the pillow is a batik of cats.












I was working on this project at the Reno Show last week and was told by some of the quilters there that I couldn't quilt without a frame and basting. I have always done this type of embroidery and quilting without a frame and since they were standing there watching me, I really had to keep my mouth shut.
I do really like the 1/4" masking tape.

No comments: