Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sewing

I plan on backpacking to see the Twin Lion Rocks at Bandelier National Park after Convergence. It's an 8 mile hike in and I seriously doubt I can walk 16 miles and see everything in one day, so I plan on staying a couple days. I'm making a light weight backpack so I can carry more "stuff".

The Start of the Day
The directions state it's an easy project, completed by a 9 year old in 6 hours. HA! I almost got the straps finished in 8 hours yesterday.

















Days End
The directions call for the ends of the padded portion of the straps to be glued closed. Glue and fabric in the same sentence puts shivers up my spine, so I will sew them shut today. Then I will start day 2 of the 6 hour project.  I don't think I will be trying out for Project Runway.

No comments: