Monday, June 27, 2011

Homeward Bound

Started yesterday by heading East to Calumet, MI, to see an exhibit by Audrey. Audrey was in charge of vendors and did an great job. Not thinking about the whole Midwest thing, the shop was, of course, closed for Sunday, resting I suppose. The Quincy Copper Mine was open, so now I know way more than I wanted to about copper mining in the early 1900s.

While taking one of those "shortcuts", known as alternate routes, to save you from driving hundreds of miles getting from one major road to another, we saw a Mother duck and her tiny babies on the side of the road. I stopped and she quickly ran across the road to a lake that looked exactly like the lake she came out of to cross the road. This shortcut was a two lane road through a wildlife preserve meaning you had to drive under 45 because the animals do have the right of way, but as the speed limit on the main roads is 55, you might as well go the short way.

It's time to hit the road, again.

No sun, misting out, but I'm wearing shorts pretending it's summer.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Tomah, WI

No comments: